Saturday, October 09, 2004

questions about machines

1. More on the ethnography question, is it important for Orr to earn the respect of the other technicians in order for this research to work? Several times he seems to emphasize this knowledge and there are times when it is even acknowledged by the other technicians. Does this elicit more disclosure and allow Orr "membership" into their social network?

2. Is there anything significant about the public presence of this community of technicians, for example meeting at restaurants for breakfast, lunch or coffee? Orr seems to really focus on the dialouge that occurs as a major influence on both the workers and their jobs. He also refers to this aspect as being potential invisible or disregarded by management, yet it often occurs in very public places.

3. When Orr does refer to management it seems to be a matter of pointing out a discrepancy between the technicians and the management. Do you agree? Does this give readers a biased view of management?

4 comments:

Legal Forms said...

Hi, I was blog surfing for the latest information on relationship sitesbuilding trust in relationships and ended up on your blog. Obviously your blog came up in my search, but I'm certainly glad I did! Would you mind if I link to your blog in my "favorites" page?

Sam said...

Hi ellen, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on free legitimate work at home jobs I somehow ended up on your page. As your site is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about free legitimate work at home jobs, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.

Dale said...

Hi ellen, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on clerical work from home when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need
information on clerical work from home then drop by the site above and check it out.

Dale said...

Hi ellen, you have a nice blog. Glad to see it. Today I was out blog surfing looking for detailed info on online jobs work from home when I found your page. Your site is not an exact match but it did catch my interest. I am going to add you to my favorite list of blogs for future reading and reference. Should you ever need
information on online jobs work from home then drop by the site above and check it out.